Good find today in the reduced aisle.
Rummaging through the fridge I found the bits to make a yummy dinner.
To Serve 4:
- 600 g fresh spinach (make sure to wash well)
- Half a pack of feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- Pepper to season and a spoon of coconut oil for stir-frying
For the side dish of sweet potatoes:
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil for the tefal fryer
- Salt and pepper to season
I washed the spinach and quickly stir-fried till wilted.
Any excess water drained off.
Then I put the spinach in a ovenproof dish making 4 hollows in it.
I popped an egg in each hollow, sprinkled some crumbled feta (about half a pack) and seasoned with freshly ground pepper.
I popped it in the preheated oven (200 °C or 390 °F) for about 20 min.
Just check when the egg white has set, and the yolk is cooked to the degree you want (I like it a teeny bit runny still).
I served them with some roasted sweet potatoes (I roasted them in the Tefal acti-fry for 25 min, I will do a review of this gadget soon too).
They’d take about 30 or so min in the oven and may need a bit more oil.
It turned out very nice!