Today was a burger kind of day, at least that is what Sprogalina decided.
So not going for the obvious we made sweet potato burgers.
For these seriously yummy burgers you need:
Serves 15 Small Burgers:
- 450 g of sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- One head of broccoli, finely chopped
- One onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- A squirt of sriracha sauce
- 150 g of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ½-1 cup of oats (add enough do make a stiff-ish mixture)
- A small bunch of coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Some flour for coating and olive oil for frying.
Boil sweet potatoes till soft, adding the broccoli in the last 3 min or so.
Drain and mash.
Add all the other ingredients.
Leave to cool.
When cool shape into patties (makes about 15 small ones).
Coat patties in some flour.
Fry patties in olive oil till they are nice brown and crispy and hot in the middle.
Serve in some brown bread rolls with your favourite burger toppings.
We had tomatoes, cucumber and mayo and served the burgers with a nice salad.